PEAK DISTRICT AND DERBYSHIRE
The Peak District with its rugged, heather clad moorlands in the north and much gentler dales in the south, is a great place to visit. Its picturesque market towns and pretty villages provide a wide range of accommodation, but if you prefer to stay in the heart of the countryside the choice is almost overwhelming.
If you intend to use the internet to book accommodation, unless you can very specifically select the area where you want to stay and the type of accommodation, you will be bombarded by a seemingly endless list of choices. In order to simplify matters you may wish to use the services of an agency, preferably one with local knowledge. Alternatively, you may find one of the locally based websites that provides graded information meets your requirements.
Local self catering cottage accommodation agencies include:
1. Country Cottage Holidays (Tel. 01629 583545) based at Matlock, in the heart of Derbyshire offer a personal service. The operators of the agency and their families have lived all their lives in Derbyshire and have many years’ experience of running the agency. The accommodation offered by the cottages ranges from the luxurious to the more basic. Website details - www.derbyshirecountrycottages.co.uk
2. Peak Cottages Direct have a range of delightful cottages in or close to The Peak National Park, photographs of the cottages and location maps are available on the website. Website details - www.peakcottagesdirect.co.uk
3. Derbyshire Dales Ashbourne Group (Tel. 01335344795 ) visitors are provided with a selection of quality inspected accommodation. All properties are privately owned and are situated in and around the Peak District and Ashbourne. Apart from self catering accommodation, bed and breakfast, caravanning and camping facilities are offered by the group. Website details - www.ashbourne-accommodation.co.uk
4. Peak Cottages (Tel. 0114 2620777) based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. Offers a range of qualityholiday cottages and apartments, in or close to the Peak District National Park. Website details - www.peakcottages.com
5. CottagesUK Directory have listed over 100 cottages around the Derbyshire Peak District with contact details and links to their websites. Also a selection of cottages available for on-line booking. More information displayed at - www.cottagesUK.com/cottages_UK_directory/Midlands2.htm
www.derbyshire-peakdistrict.co.uk is an independent, not for profit website.
No recommendation of any establishment is implied by inclusion on this website.
The Peak District and Derbyshire Guide may contain all the information you need. It is available direct by visiting the www.visitpeakdistrict.com website or through the Tourist Information Service. Contact the TIC nearest where you are likely to be staying and they should be able to supply you with other useful guides and local information.
The number of websites offering accommodation in the Peak District and Derbyshire is enormous. The following locally based websites are a good place to start your search.
A special new sub-section has been added to this website, based on the Discover Derby Supplement, published by the Derby Evening Telegraph during March 2005. The most recent additions are:
Click below for details.
For further general information, click below.
All details on this page were correct at the time of publication, but changes may be made without notification.